Roles and Responsibilities
The role of the DCA Board of Governors includes:
- To promote and represent the DCA and the industry to the business world, governments, the media and members of the public.
- To encourage membership and participation.
- To advise the DCA on the activities and strategy that best serve the data centre industry.
The role of the DCA Technical Council includes:
- To capture the data centre industry's own definition of best practice design, operation and management.
- Develop standards that can clarify different data centre designs to those within and outside of the industry.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and initiatives.
- Share insight and experience to improve programmes of education.
- Encourage innovation and methods to improve the data centre.
The role of the DCA Secretariat includes:
- To manage financial affairs and ensure the DCA completes and submits all annual returns as required by law.
- To manage and co-ordinate activities and events as required.
- To implement the strategy defined by the DCA membership
- To manage membership subscriptions and awareness initiatives.
The role of the DCA Accreditation Board includes:
- Provide independent peer review of reports, publications and audits
- Provide certification of data centres and auditing firms